Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 18 11 1:30 PM

Tags : :

Hey fellas, please check out my video and comment, i think this may solved the problem of stuff running/ flying off after it was shot. it took me a while to get it to work right but now it works every time, meaning the anchor deploys on impact,  i still have some test shooting to do for distance and accuracy but so far at 30ft, the flight pattern is the same as it was for a similarly weighted dart. as well as the impact depth, also once you see how i attached the head you'll see that it's REALLY strong. I'm pretty confident that it would hold even under live action conditions. 

a special thanks to Ron with the wind, he got me thinking about advanced dart design, then i got all 'bat man' on it. ... is it me or does batman have the coolest stuff?

heres my video on the youtube.com  the tether dart

thanks,

Danny
p.s. i did post a link to this in bama's HELP!!!!! post as well. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

pgandy

Ate Up!!

#4 [url]

Jun 18 11 4:00 PM

Dannymclane you have done yourself proud.  That’s a very ingenious and original system you have come up with and your video is well done.  Now someone needs to get out there and field test it.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 20 11 3:46 PM

Thanks to every one for your posts, hopefully it is with in your reach if you're interested to replicate it. if you want/ need further instruction on how to make it or any help let me know. i'm glad i can give back after all the cool stuff i learned on here. 

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” Aristotle

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 21 11 4:31 AM

Do they make titanium hooks because I noticed with the smaller hooks they break and bend easily?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jun 22 11 7:18 PM

Hey fellas, please check out my video and comment, i think this may solved the problem of stuff running/ flying off after it was shot. it took me a while to get it to work right but now it works every time, meaning the anchor deploys on impact,  i still have some test shooting to do for distance and accuracy but so far at 30ft, the flight pattern is the same as it was for a similarly weighted dart. as well as the impact depth, also once you see how i attached the head you'll see that it's REALLY strong. I'm pretty confident that it would hold even under live action conditions. 
a special thanks to Ron with the wind, he got me thinking about advanced dart design, then i got all 'bat man' on it. ... is it me or does batman have the coolest stuff?
heres my video on the youtube.com  the tether dart
thanks,
Danny
p.s. i did post a link to this in bama's HELP!!!!! post as well. 

-dannymclane

Your design needs a real rat to test, but it's a good idea.

If you say that it isn't a signature, you are terribly wrong (There are 42 characters remaining. I'm thinking more...)

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 23 11 2:51 PM

Here's a pic of mine much the same concept just no hooks i use dental floss very strong I changed the attachment point the middle of the dart so it turns to snag more brush

The cone loaded with string 

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jun 24 11 7:44 PM

the hunter, first off well done for making one of your own. the trick is to use a stiff wire or fishing line (I use 30# test) so that the hook stays back while the keeper slides forward and allows the hook to drop. if you look at the video when the keeper slides forward the hook only deflects about 30 degrees. its a stiff fishing line. those little hooks are pretty strong , I tried to break one by pulling it, it bent a little but not very much.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” Aristotle

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 26 11 9:56 PM

Thats probably my problem... I am using i think 8-12# line. Thanks Danny.[image]

-thehunter

you bet man, anything i can do to help, also with the heavy line you may need to heat it up slightly to get the curl out of it so it lays straight. just a heads up for ya. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help