Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Mar 1 11 2:12 PM

@ T54  I wait for the wind flags to drop then try to get in a shot or two 250-275 IS a long ways even with a tail wind

@ C50  Next time i get out for more test i'll elevate the tube 3 deg. at a time and record the results I was thinking that 33-35 would give longest shots

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Mar 1 11 2:48 PM

Thanks Thunker grin that saves me some air lol  26 degrees is what was needed to hit the back stop at 100 yrds
 Backstop is mounted about 4 ft. high.  wanted to shoot at 200 but got goofing around and lost the day :)

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Mar 1 11 2:51 PM

Welp, that's all theory - no air resistance, etc, etc...  In my 56 years I've learned that what works in reality isn't necessarily what is best theoretically.  But at least it gives us a place to start.
Whatever gives the best results in the field is what counts!

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#26 [url]

Dec 24 11 10:06 AM

i have shot mine at a lot and i have taking shots upward of 50 yds + mind you i can't say i hit a dime that far away everyshot but a 9in pie plate is not a problem there.

If you always dismiss your idea before you give it a shot then you will never know

Quote    Reply   

neondog

Ate Up!!

#28 [url]

Dec 24 11 9:13 PM

i have shot mine at a lot and i have taking shots upward of 50 yds + mind you i can't say i hit a dime that far away everyshot but a 9in pie plate is not a problem there.

-bubbanater1984

If you can do it with a four foot barrel and a seven inch pie plate, you might set a new world record.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help