Dec 9 10 10:14 AM

Mred very nice darts, really 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mr13ell

Dedicated

#42 [url]

Dec 9 10 12:26 PM

I had posted pictures of my darts on another topic but I supose they would be better put here.
The smaller dart uses a Westcott #11 blade which is titanium bonded, the larger ones blades came off of a satelite brand broadhead made for a bow. Both shafts are made of bamboo BBQ skewers. Cones are just CS cones. Shafts, cones, and twine are coated with krazy glue. The twine behind the blades is pretty cheep at a dollar for 400 ft. you can grab some at the dollar store, it seems to work well. I realy enjoy experementing with darts and I will share them as I make them. Next on my list to make is an electric stun dart.

Click here to view the attachment
Click here to view the attachment

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved."

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Dec 9 10 2:40 PM

Next on my list to make is an electric stun dart.
-mr13ell

Taser Darts?

W A R N I N G ! ! !

I really like this idea, one question that i have is, how dangerous would this shock be to a person? because i was thinking you may be able to have a little fun with this if you just put some flat contact points instead of barbs, or just very short blunted contacts.
-coldsteelcoastie

Quote    Reply   

mr13ell

Dedicated

#44 [url]

Dec 9 10 3:00 PM

Well i have had some electrical experience and I have had some schooling on it. I'm just going to use a small capacitor out of a disposable camera. Of course you will have to charge it for every shot, but it's not deadly. Youll definetly feel it though, i made a little mini tazer out of one before and popped a few friends with it. I mean it hurts but it scares you more than anything. It has only two contacts, and depending what you want you can make them sharp or dull just by cutting them at an angle or straight across. The contacts are not very thick, nor are they hard. I think my wife and I are going to get some groceries tommorow i'll pick a disposable camera up and go ahead and do it. It takes maybe 4 minutes to get it ready for shockn. As far as attaching it, i'm just gonna super glue it to a bamboo skewer and put the CS cone on it. I may wrap some electrical tape around the capacitor just to make it look scary. To recharge it is fairly simple. Maybe i will make a video on how to do this. I have a youtube chanell but its mostly Call of duty black ops, and only one blowgun vid. Please excuse spelling as it is not my strong suit.

Quote    Reply   

mr13ell

Dedicated

#45 [url]

Dec 9 10 3:15 PM

How dangerous the dart is will depend on Amps not volts, You could take 100,000,000 volts and be just fine if there was no amps. There are ways of course to increase or decrease the amps. However by increasing amps you lose voltage and the opposite is also true. So It all depends on what you want . You could hook up a capacitor and a small transformer and make it very deadly. But anyways. I dunno if i accidnetly posted what i wanted to say about five minutes ago somewhere else or what but. From what i saw on the link i was slightly confused, being that it was stated that the dart could shock for ten seconds? Was that not a capacitor? A capacitor exerts all of its energy at once in one big blast, like for instance the draw the flash of a camera would create, which is what the capacitor i plan to use is for. The shock would be instant and it could be possible to get a second shock MAYBE without recharging but it would be very light. But up to the user you can use them for fun or set them up to be deadly with some minor mods. Radio shack would have everything you'd need for it. But the camera flash capacitor out of a disposable is not deadly, and can be recharged just by touching the two prongs back to where they came from and pressing the button that would normaly charge the flash for the camera, it will look like a little gold square if you've taken it apart, be sure not to touch those two wires while charging though, because that will be a sustained shock lol.

Quote    Reply   

mr13ell

Dedicated

#47 [url]

Dec 9 10 3:25 PM

The people I got were healthy, young, and in the military. Also 330v is wayyy lower than that of a Taser. My scorpion taser for instance is 200,000 volts. But yeah i agree, if you don't know very much about electricity don't play with it, because it can surely take your life in an instant.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Dec 10 10 9:24 AM

it only takes 40mA to start doing serious damage to a human body, and 80mA is usually fatal. What voltage is required to produce that current is dependant on resistance, which is dependant on many, many factors in a human being.

The biggest 'blat' that I ever got was from a faulty insulator on the output of a 'Clystron' radar valve - somewhere around 30KVA. I was lucky to survive.

These days I'm even 'over-sensitive' to the little static sparks you get from cheapo carpets & door handles :(

Blowin' Free ;) Aslan "Lion Of Narnia" Freeman

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Dec 10 10 2:12 PM

I;ve been thinking about making a dart with something to keep it straight in the tube, this has come up on several club nights but I thought I'd share it here.
an Idea I just had was to add(glue) an extra cone somewhere along the length of the dart, far enough to keep it straight but keeping enough space to allow the dart to penetrate the target(this is coming from a target shooter, not a hunter obviously)

Proud ZBPC member Fire! Aim! Ready!

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Dec 10 10 2:21 PM

Only one way to find out for sure, dude...

Make one and try it.

You know I got the drill-bits etc in the club-box if ya need em - but I suspect (from what I've seen of your 'tools & toys') that you got all you need at home.

Blowin' Free ;) Aslan "Lion Of Narnia" Freeman

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#53 [url]

Dec 10 10 6:02 PM

Seems I recall some design where they just added three little "whiskers" of some fine, stiff wire 120 degrees apart from each other on the shaft in front of the cone at the desired position.  And just wrapped where they attached to the shaft with a few wraps of thread and CA glue?  Never tried it myself though.  I'm more of the theory that as soon as the dart starts down the tube it'll try to self-center itself due to the excessive pressure behind the dart.  Just a theory - nothing to back that up though.

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Dec 10 10 6:13 PM

Seems I recall some design where they just added three little "whiskers" of some fine, stiff wire 120 degrees apart from each other on the shaft in front of the cone at the desired position.  And just wrapped where they attached to the shaft with a few wraps of thread and CA glue?  Never tried it myself though.  I'm more of the theory that as soon as the dart starts down the tube it'll try to self-center itself due to the excessive pressure behind the dart.  Just a theory - nothing to back that up though.

-thunker54

You are right, except my version would use nylon monofilament fishing line. I actually bought some fishing line to try this with but never actually got around to doing the experiment. I'm getting to the point anymore where I work on 100% pure theory. I have lots of theory but little or no actual practice to back it up.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Dec 11 10 3:16 PM

Mred very nice darts, really

-josephlys

Thankyou.

Next on my list to make is an electric stun dart.

-mr13ell

lol, little Furminator heart stoppers.... CLEARR!!! rofl

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Dec 16 10 5:49 PM

Next on my list to make is an electric stun dart. -mr13el

It will be interesting to see how you keep the two electrodes from touching the tube wall and prematurely discharging. Then, with your stunned lips, try to explain what happened. lol

A discarding sabot in poly or urethane foam might work for this.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Feb 8 11 4:18 AM

I have another idea that I just tried and love to share. I have a Cold Steel .62 caliber 48" BG and just got a 50 caliber Extreme from Target Zone Sports. I prefer the darts with the CS much better than the thin wire ones that came with the Extreme. I found out that you can take the cones off of the Extreme darts that are the 1/8 diameter and adapt them to the CS shafts. After some trial and error you can take 2-1/8 inch long piece of scotch tape and wind it around the CS dart shaft  bottom tightly. It will then fit very nicely into the Extreme cones. If you really want them to stay on a drop of super glue will do the trick.Trim off the excess if you are anal like I am about neat and clean. Now I have a harder hitting dart with more stopping power and when you sharpen them like I did, very deadly.....here Mr. Squirrel!

P.S. Love the Extreme BG by the way. Two sweet blowguns for fun and games!

Life's too short to not have all the fun you can what ever you do!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help