Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Dec 11 10 3:21 PM

Ron, that's a face that even I could happily blast a sharpened, poison-coated broadhead into - but if he sang like that anywhere in range of my ears I'd probably strangle him with my bare(bear?) hands first.

I hit the kill switch after about 5 seconds. Deffo not my style, dude ;)

Perhaps this would be more approriate, bearing in mind all that has gone on lately....

(I've seen these dudes live, they are AWESOME - Arjan Lucasson, for one, should be MUCH better known than he is)

Blowin' Free ;) Aslan "Lion Of Narnia" Freeman

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Dec 11 10 3:50 PM

Ron, that's a face that even I could happily blast a sharpened, poison-coated broadhead into - but if he sang like that anywhere in range of my ears I'd probably strangle him with my bare(bear?) hands first.
I hit the kill switch after about 5 seconds. Deffo not my style, dude ;)

-deadlyaslan

That was a joke, Son. Pay attention!

Perhaps this would be more approriate, bearing in mind all that has gone on lately....
[media]
(I've seen these dudes live, they are AWESOME - Arjan Lucasson, for one, should be MUCH better known than he is)

-deadlyaslan

Very nice. Thank you. I will definitely check out more of their music. I haven't been keeping up with popular music for the last couple of years. Most of the new stuff that is popular grates on my ears.

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Dec 11 10 6:33 PM

Ro, I think "at my ass" would be more accurate, what you wrote implied extreme sexual perversion.
Oh, I forgot - you are!

btw guys:-
Do you know the difference between "Kinky" and "Perverted"?
"Kinky" is when you tickle your partners' ass with a feather.
"Perverted" is when you use the whole chicken!
(This was my 200th posting here - a spliff to celebrate I think!)

-deadlyaslan

I'll match you on that & we can set aside our differences in " to kill, or not to kill"  

Have you punched her Box

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Dec 12 10 2:00 PM

That was a joke, Son. Pay attention! [image]

-ronwiththewind

Soz, Ron

But if that was a joke, I just plain don't get it. Even with hindsight. Even after following the link.

Anyway...

Thought I'd elucidate on the music.  (all youtube or wiki hotlinks)

Arjan Lucasson is an AWESOME Dutch guitarist/writer who has worked with some of the 'greats' but without getting the universal recognition his talents deserve. The one track I would recommend as an entry-point into his work (apart from the one posted earlier!) is..

"Into the Black Hole" from the 2000 Album 'The Universal Migrator Part2 - Flight Of The Migrator' under the band-name "Ayreon".

Although part of a sci-fi masterpiece of a concept album, this track stands out as special.

He wrote it specifically for Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) to sing the lead, but it was unsure whether Bruce could make it to the studio in time so Arjan recorded it with Damian Wilson & Lana Lane. This version was released on the 2001 album 'For Ayreonauts Only' because Bruce found the time to make it to the studio in time after all, thank ***.

There is also a live version of this track on the album "Live on Earth" under the Band-Name "Star One" which brings me on to my second recommendation, from the same album..

"Songs of the Ocean"

We shape life, we travel space
But we don't know the words to the songs of the ocean!!
We survived the´╗┐ 'human race'
But we don't know the words to the songs of the ocean!!

btw the LH of the 'backing singers' is none other than the amazing Floor Jansen, from After Forever

I had the immense pleasure of seeing Floor & the band perform on 5 occasions between 2002 & 2008. This is my absolute fave track from them...

Title should intrigue you 'goddam yanks' too...

" My Pledge of Allegiance - part 1, 'The Sealed Fate' " this is a not-great live version from the 2007 "PinkPop" Festival here in Holland. The 'studio' version is HERE

Keej, time for this Lion to call it a weekend, and attempt more than 6 hours sleep before the working week begins again.

PLEASE, Santa...

Make the day 28 hours long, with 2 extra days each weekend.

Maybe then I'll have time for everything I'd really like to do.

Blowin' Free ;) Aslan "Lion Of Narnia" Freeman

Quote    Reply   

neondog

Ate Up!!

#48 [url]

Dec 12 10 5:25 PM

Someone that even you could happily blast a sharpened, poison-coated broadhead into.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#50 [url]

Jan 26 11 4:11 AM

I have two cents in my pocket on this topic myself in the short time I've been back to shooting a blowgun. Those little pointed darts are sharp, especially when you sharpen them and work the edges on a knife sharpening stone. MAKE SURE you store the darts properly, in a quiver or other device for the purpose. Not a good idea to shove a hand full in a jacket pocket and then reach in for one that's up side down. 3 guesses why I posted that one! Sounds like a no brainer, but when you in the heat of the moment reaching for a second shot it's easy to forget to reach slowly in that pocket. Who's got a bandaid?

Life's too short to not have all the fun you can what ever you do!

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jan 27 11 3:17 PM

I have a new tip to pass on based on 5 minute ago experience. This is one of those "What was I thinking" kinda things.  Here it is "Do not shoot at a tennis ball thinking you can pierce it with a sharpened mini broad head. I tried it from 15 feet and after I hit it dead nuts in the center the dart was in the wall NEXT TO ME, by maybe 2 inches away! Color me stupid. Any questions?

Life's too short to not have all the fun you can what ever you do!

Quote    Reply   

neondog

Ate Up!!

#53 [url]

Jan 27 11 4:51 PM

I think somebody had mentioned the taboo of bouncy targets but it never hurts to hit the serious stuff more than once. With that in mind, I'll repeat that you should never shoot tethered darts without eye protection. A snag in the line can turn that dart around real quick.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

May 16 11 9:13 AM

well i thought i'd throw in my 2 cents cause this is a pretty good topic. myself and several friends use stun darts in our 40 cal blowguns and play war and capture the flag and several other games. a piece of advice if anyone tries this is to use soft air goggles that COMPLETELY cover both eyes...if you use regular safety glasses you are taking a chance on losing an eye.

4ft cold steel 625 pro 5ft homemade 625 5ft cold steel 625 pro (2) 6ft homemade 625 (2)

Quote    Reply   

neondog

Ate Up!!

#55 [url]

May 16 11 11:41 AM

...if you use regular safety glasses you are taking a chance on losing an eye.

-smugglers_isle

Is that the reason behind your avatar? Just wondering.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

May 16 11 8:37 PM

lmao no... but good guess

4ft cold steel 625 pro 5ft homemade 625 5ft cold steel 625 pro (2) 6ft homemade 625 (2)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help