diameter from outside to outside of the tube 16 mm

thank you

BLWGNHNTR

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Nov 2 09 2:14 AM

hi again it is not 13 mm neondog it is from inner side its from the innertube 15mm  and when i messure
the tube from the outside is 16 mm so what caliber can it be?
thanks for answer.

BLWGNHTR

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 3 09 2:05 AM

I look at font style of crossliner. It seems that he is being a little crosssmile.
To blowgunhunter: I feel that you don't need to breath when you type (talk) something. I'm watching this thread and feel like I'm watching a thriller movie, about many men "having to fight toilsomely against" only one man. If you feel confused about something, only open Wikipedia...
What is caliber?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliber
What device is used to measure caliber?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliper

If you say that it isn't a signature, you are terribly wrong (There are 42 characters remaining. I'm thinking more...)

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 3 09 4:15 AM

I look at font style of crossliner. It seems that he is being a little cross[image].To blowgunhunter: I feel that you don't need to breath when you type (talk) something. I'm watching this thread and feel like I'm watching a thriller movie, about many men "having to fight toilsomely against" only one man. If you feel confused about something, only open Wikipedia...What is caliber?[url]What device is used to measure caliber?[url]

-username

No i'm not Usrnm hehe. Let us give our friend a helping hand shall we? Hola Blwgnhntr if your tube's inside diameter is a dead on 15mm that would be a shade larger than 9/16 (.5625 cal) or 19/32 (.59375) to be exactsmile.  Please don't ask me the weight of your dart okgrin? Gd pm every1.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 3 09 2:42 PM

thank you for your answer crosslier sorry crossliner  only wanted to say you are wrong15 mm =.591 caliber thanks anywayBlwghntr[image]

-blowgunhunter

And where did you get this figure Blwgnhntrsmile?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Nov 4 09 3:13 AM

No one here is wrong. Blowgunhunter uses a calculator to figure out the caliber in inches (theory). Others that live in U.S.A. talk about calibers that are commercially available in markets and closest to 15mm caliber. I guess that tubes in U.S.A. are standardised very well, so if someone there knows an outside diameter of a tube, he can guess right about its caliber.
Am I wrong somewhere? Gd pm every1! Happy to everyone!

If you say that it isn't a signature, you are terribly wrong (There are 42 characters remaining. I'm thinking more...)

Quote    Reply   

neondog

Ate Up!!

#13 [url]

Nov 4 09 4:55 AM

You are correct username. But in another sense we are all wrong because none of the tubes we have at the moment are precision made. With that in mind, you could say it was a caliber .5905472 or so? But I think better we round off to the nearest 100th of an inch or tenth of a millimeter. It's very hard to measure the inside of a small cylinder accurately even to that level of precision.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Nov 4 09 7:58 AM

in this page i found it
how does it go with your blowgun crossliner whats new?

-blowgunhunter

The latest addition to my arsenal is a new set of .50 cal. disk/center punchers and a couple of 2.46mm x 7.5" 1.83-gram carbon fiber disk darts. Will post pics tomorrow. My old .50 punchers produce disks w/ .506 o.d (my bg has an i.d. of .509 hence a 3 thousandth of an inch bigger) or a bit loose fit but accuracy even w/ this difference is already astounding. My latest punchers can make .5095 - .510 disks and it's tight and makes a scraping sound when you launch the darts but after 3-5 shots it's MAMA MIA! It's incredibly precise and the cluster so tight I no longer use 5 darts but only 3 to avoid ruining my darts constantly when I am in the mood of hitting the official target face. Good pm people.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Nov 4 09 2:32 PM

crossliner, what are you using to punch out the disks for your darts?  Would love to know/see what your punches look like, and where you obtain them.  Or do you make your own punches?  Would also like to know what material you are using for the disks.  I'd like to experiment with disk darts after reading about their accuracy and velocity potential...

And as to what caliber the new blowgun is, you can't really tell by the O.D unless you also know the wall thickness.  Ronwiththewind explained this very well earlier in this thread.  15mm is about .59 caliber, just to keep it simple.

Billy

Billy

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Nov 4 09 3:47 PM

crossliner, what are you using to punch out the disks for your darts?  Would love to know/see what your punches look like, and where you obtain them.  Or do you make your own punches?  Would also like to know what material you are using for the disks.  I'd like to experiment with disk darts after reading about their accuracy and velocity potential...
And as to what caliber the new blowgun is, you can't really tell by the O.D unless you also know the wall thickness.  Ronwiththewind explained this very well earlier in this thread.  15mm is about .59 caliber, just to keep it simple.
Billy

-billy

Gd am Billy and thanks for the info. Kindly look at the archives w/ that blugun password Neon supplied. I have there sets of disk and center punchers and my disk material is a disposable plastic food plate Zoompitman discovered. Used to use cell cards but they were kind of rear heavy. It's all in the archives under crossliner actually. We also use self healing tarps instead of paper target faces and again this is Zoompitman's innovation. It's all there. Good am every1... Btw I had my machinist friend tool it for me based on Geezer's design but I cranked it up a a notch or 2. You see we are in the business of making fabrications so I know a thing or 2 regarding machining. Ciao!

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Nov 4 09 5:40 PM

I still love disk darts and still have some -but mine aren't as sophisticated as crslnr67 <wink>  Mine were just simple 2mil craft foam.  But I can attest to the fact that they ARE accurate!  I eventually went back to stiff paper cones with a long taper (I always tried for about a 3 to 1 taper length to diameter) - mostly because it was easier to replace them than the disk tail feathers when I tore them up...
I'm still a big fan of Geezer's ideas - and think there's a lot to the disk style tailfeathers on a dart...

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Quote    Reply   

neondog

Ate Up!!

#19 [url]

Nov 4 09 8:15 PM

Click on the image below if you'd prefer 5 bullseyes down range instead of those sissy five and three point rings! Definitely makes your cones last longer.

Here's a picture of Crossliner's punches.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Nov 4 09 10:31 PM

Neon, thanks for the cool 5 bull target and also for posting the pics of crossliner's punches.  The centering punches look quite sophisticated!

Billy

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help