Remove this ad

Lead

Tags : :

Hey everyone !

Was wondering if anyone has used a low friction teflon coating in their battle to increase dart speed . I've been wanting to try a more permanent coating(not just liquid or powder) that seals into the metal or wood of the blowgun . Apparently Home Depot sells DuPont Brand teflon coating .A while back blowguns were sold commonly with teflon coating and they all claimed at least 10% higher velocity .Anyone here had experience with coating a barrel that way??

Also scientists have come out with a almost frictionless coating that is extremely better than teflon . A dart in theory would nearly float in the barrel !! It's called NFC coating and another one you can google is BAM coating . It can be applied to anything .They are still in the commercial market so for them just to polish and coat a blowgun would be hundreds of dollars ...but think of how fast your dart/arrows would be ..your friends will think you've been breath training with scuba divers and navy seals .... 
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Don't expect huge changes in speed with low friction coating. Arrows from bows and pellets from slingshots don't have to fight the friction of a tube and they aren't that fast.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Well you may be right it won't be huge but even the commercial blowguns with coating claim at least 10% increase in speed/distance; so even by all of our classic tournament rules, even a person shooing with low lung capacity 10 meter target would see that 10% no doubt . If he or she was a few feet shy of the bullseye on a flat 0 degree or nearly flat shot ;they now hit that target(bullseye) with 2-3 feet less drop. And for people like me who shoot long distance darts/arrows to max range (45 degree angle)like 400+ feet that measly 10% coating just gave me 10-15 yards of extra range . And as far a pellets and arrows go, they go who knows how many times farther and faster than blowgun darts .For blowguns esp. longer ones barrel friction/drag is huge .I also shoot 2-3 foot arrows that weigh on average 15-20 grams (225-300 grains) from a seven foot .63 caliber barrel . And ten 10% is huge when I'm trying to get the arrows to shoot a flat 10-15 yards . Right now they max outdistance a little over 100 yards where regular cone darts hit near 150 yards . A basic primitive bow can get arrows over 200 yards .  Pellets can be shot even farther . My goal is to set a world record at over 200 yards human breath only . Low drag fin and abdominal  style darts and arrows ...a chronograph my be in order to test actual barrel velocity (fps) with lubes and coatings vs regular barrel.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help