Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Mar 9 11 5:34 PM

I agree that shooting the .62 cal. CS is like a cannon...a "magnum" among blowguns.
I've taken mine outside to knock heavy cans over with stun darts. Inside, you really have to make sure you have a good, heavy backdrop...because it smacks HARD! Lots of fun!!

Kent...the Blowgun Warrior

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Mar 11 11 7:31 AM

I agree that shooting the .62 cal. CS is like a cannon...a "magnum" among blowguns.I've taken mine outside to knock heavy cans over with stun darts. Inside, you really have to make sure you have a good, heavy backdrop...because it smacks HARD! Lots of fun!!

-kentrobertsartist

Ya it smacks hard! I ended up using a heavy box I got from the dollar store(they will give you box's for free, they just destroy them), and then I used two scrabble boxs behind that. The mini broad heads will go completely through what I am shooting at, usually a can, bottle, orange, potato, or something like that, then through the cardboard box, through the first layer of the game box, but then dents the second layer, however if the game box's get knocked over then it will stick in the wall behind the big box. The stun darts are great fun, got one to sink and inch into an orange!

Quote    Reply   

neondog

Ate Up!!

#44 [url]

Mar 16 11 10:05 AM

Welcome to the forum. Your video is very entertaining. If you'd like to set a new world record for ten meter blowgun competition, you can find the rules here. Current top score is 206 out of a possible 210.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Mar 17 11 3:10 AM

Welcome newbies, the more the merrier as they say. The .62 certainly is the "big dog" of blowguns. Not a lot will stop a mini broad head. They make quick work of Squirrels too. 

Life's too short to not have all the fun you can what ever you do!

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Aug 28 11 2:45 AM

Hello to all!  New to forum and about 2 weeks into blowguns!!!!! AND ADDICTED....always been an archer and loved bows, guns, slingshots, air rifles....and never had a blowgun until recently.  The more research I've done the more addicting it becomes.....I've purchased a .40 caliber avenger BG and used it for about 15 minutes before I purchased a 2 piece CS (and i've got a 5' and 4' pro model for the missus and teen to shoot as well).  Just wanted to say hello to you all and let you know how much this forum has helped me understand quite a bit about this art!

J-Rod

J-Rod 48" 2-piece Avenger .40 5' 2-piece CS Big Bore 5' CS Pro Big Bore 4' CS Pro Big Bore

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Aug 28 11 7:33 PM

Yes grizz...it is lol....winter project will b some more home-made tubes and a rack to hold em all!

J-Rod 48" 2-piece Avenger .40 5' 2-piece CS Big Bore 5' CS Pro Big Bore 4' CS Pro Big Bore

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Sep 25 11 8:17 AM

I've been lurking on this forum for some time and finally decided to join in order to reply in the bead dart thread.

I started BGing back in the curtain bead days with a 2ft .38.   Today I use a 3ft .40 but have been considering building more.  The tips I have found on this forum are going a long way to make that a reality.

I don't hunt.  I am not morally opposed to it for subsistence, I just don't do it for fun; too easy.  I don't compete USBA/Fukiyado only because I don't know of any competitions near me, but I probably would if the opportunity arose.  I shoot at about the Iron rank level consistently averaging around 136.  Mostly I "plink" and practice my own brand of fukiyajutsu; the Art of the Blowgun as opposed to the Way of the Blowgun (fukiyaDO).  Similar to biathlon, my fukiyajutsu consists of shooting at various sized targets at various distances and elevations as opposed to fukiyado's consistent distance and target height.  All targets are 20 minutes of angle; the same size as the 7pt ring on a fukiyado/USBA target and you shoot until you hit it, then move on to the next target station.

Currently I am entertaining myself with glow darts and shooting in the dark.  I use standard fluorescent orange target spots (Birchwood Casey) illuminated by a single 18" ultraviolet tube ("blacklight") in an otherwise completely dark room.  If you have the means, I highly recommend this; it's fun, looks super cool, and adds a new dimension to shooting.  You don't really know how good you are until you try shooting in the dark.

I am as dedicated to BGing as I am long-winded. 

Just take the damn shot already!

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Sep 25 11 8:44 AM

Tobiko, too cool! Keep sharing your ideas with us.

Maybe something like Airgun Field Target, but with blowguns will evolve from it...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

pelletor

Addicted

#52 [url]

Sep 26 11 4:47 AM

Welcome Tobiko, As a self described "dedicated long-winded" blow gunner you should fit in here nicely.  This was an informative and illuminating post!   Thank you!

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Oct 18 11 6:10 AM

hi all, i'm wang from New Zealand. i've been into making weapons since i was 6, the first been a slingshot, now at 27, i've made over 40 blowguns of various sizes and calibre. in fact i made one the day before, a .62 roughly calibre. i haven't gt a ruler but got a pretty good eye judgement of length. i made it cos shooting an air rifle ain't always practical, especially at night so i made me the blowgun. i've so far made most of my darts out of straight metal coat hanger wires and sharpened to almost needle sharp. many of my mates were skeptical but a demonstration changed their mind. i practise on paper mache 1:1 scale quarry before i set out to hunt. i generally go for magpies, starlings and such. will start making broadheads to eradicate our possum and rabbit over population. will post pics up soon. cheers all

Quote    Reply   

neondog

Ate Up!!

#58 [url]

Oct 18 11 11:45 AM

i practise on paper mache 1:1 scale quarry before i set out to hunt.

-nismo_gtir

It is a god idea but keep in mind that paper mache replicas don't always represent wha really lays beneath the "fluff."

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Oct 18 11 2:31 PM

Hello wang, I'm from new zealand too. I must warn you of the prices of x-actos in new zealand, they cost about $1 ea. I would recommend getting them from amazon, ebay etc. Also may i ask where did you get a .62 cal pipe in nz? Iv'e only found .55cal and .70cal. was it 16 mm i.d?(14 mm and 18 mm)

Quote    Reply   

lane77

Addicted

#60 [url]

Oct 18 11 5:16 PM

Welcome to the forum wang.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help