Remove this ad

neondog

Ate Up!!

#21 [url]

Oct 12 10 4:30 AM

The phrase was adopted from the game Othello. It has been applied to this practice by several people. The first to link the phrase and the sport may have been Dave Sustak.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mr13ell

Dedicated

#22 [url]

Dec 8 10 10:27 AM

New member here. I own a CS professional and a. 40 (5ft). I have some experience making darts but I'm still learning. I've read the breath of death and a sporting chance(good reads for blowgun enthusiast ).about me: I'm 24 years old and I'm from the backwoods of Alabama. I served in the navy for five years as a small arms and air launched weapons technician. I now live with my wife in Virginia and I am in school doing aeronautics and avionics. I live in the city now so hunting for me may be risky business but. I'm working to find a way around this hurdle. If I can assist anyone let me know! :)

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved."

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Feb 1 11 4:12 AM

I'd like to also welcome the other newby, being on this site about a week myself. I personally like the challenge of trying to improve shot after shot. I also like to think of it a more sporting way to hunt small game like my very favorite squirrel and friends. Bare bones hunting or target practice, no sights just the blowgun and my lung power for the energy to move the dart. Point me towards the jumgle!!

Grrrrrr!

Life's too short to not have all the fun you can what ever you do!

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Feb 9 11 8:49 PM

Hello,

I am new here. I am very into slingshots. Recently due to cold weather I wanted something I could shoot inside. Now that I have a blowgun I am having so much fun shooting it!

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Feb 10 11 4:05 AM

Yep, set up a target any where and you can practice with  blowgun. I take mine to work and keep a target and backing card board in my car. Most days at lunch I go to a little wooded area set it up and shoot 50-100 shots. They are fun and the quality is great with the hardened aluminum extruded tubing they use. I'd like to try shooting an apple....anyone got a head I can borrow??

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Feb 10 11 6:46 AM

TT2 Get your self some little green army men i shoot them with a modded bamboo dart put a spent .22 cal shell on them to make stunners knocks them into next week grin
Marshmellows are a blast too, grapes when i just want to annoy my self hard to hit from 15-20 ft. Paint your darts blaze orange makes them easyer to find lol

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Mar 3 11 5:48 PM

Hi all, I am new to the forum. I have been spending hrs. and days, and weeks reading. I live in West Virginia between Hagerstown Md. and Winchester Va.. Am new to blowguns, wanted one for some time. A month ago I purchased a CS Pro 625 5' at a sportsmans show. Wow, I love it, very accurate and powerful. Was wondering what it was like to shoot other sizes, so I ordered a 4' 40 cal.  and a 50 cal. CT from Bruce of Targetzone. Just got them yesterday, very nice, and very accurate. I love to hunt and target shoot. Was very impressed with Bruce and Targetzone, after two orders, I am a very satisfied customer. Bruce is a very busy man, and yet, he took the time to answer all the questions I had. Looking forward to talking and sharing with you all. I am not too computer savy, so bear with me. Bullseyebobby

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Mar 3 11 6:46 PM

A month ago I purchased a CS Pro 625 5' at a sportsmans show. Wow, I love it, very accurate and powerful. Was wondering what it was like to shoot other sizes, so I ordered a 4' 40 cal.  and a 50 cal. CT from Bruce of Targetzone.

-bullseyebobby

It sounds like you have all of the bases covered. 

Welcome to the Blowgun Forum.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Mar 3 11 7:03 PM

Thanks Ron, my wife tried them both and decided she liked the 50 cal.. Never shot a blowgun befor and tonite she is shooting a rubber snake in the head at 12'. I might have to get another one for her.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Mar 3 11 7:16 PM

Hello recurve, I am also into slingshots [flatbands and Chinese Dankungs] . Also enjoy my Longbows, guns, etc.,etc.. Anything that shoots a projectile. I also wanted another projectile slinger that I could use indoors, and a BG fills that desire well. I still have a steel ball imbedded in my drywall upstairs in my "man cave" loft.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Mar 4 11 5:32 AM

Glad to hear you liked all the products and you and the Mrs., liked the .50 CT.

I'm sure the guys will enjoy another good member. This forum has really grown in the last year or so and glad to see more taking interest in the sport.

Hi all, I am new to the forum. I have been spending hrs. and days, and weeks reading. I live in West Virginia between Hagerstown Md. and Winchester Va.. Am new to blowguns, wanted one for some time. A month ago I purchased a CS Pro 625 5' at a sportsmans show. Wow, I love it, very accurate and powerful. Was wondering what it was like to shoot other sizes, so I ordered a 4' 40 cal.  and a 50 cal. CT from Bruce of Targetzone. Just got them yesterday, very nice, and very accurate. I love to hunt and target shoot. Was very impressed with Bruce and Targetzone, after two orders, I am a very satisfied customer. Bruce is a very busy man, and yet, he took the time to answer all the questions I had. Looking forward to talking and sharing with you all. I am not too computer savy, so bear with me. Bullseyebobby

-bullseyebobby

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Mar 6 11 8:55 AM

Welcome "Bullseyebobby", the more the merrier. My experience with Target Zone Sports and Bruse has been nothing AAAAAA +, you spent your money in the right place. Welcome again and look for great tips, tricks and ideas on shooting, dart making etc. It's all here and all good!

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Mar 7 11 9:22 AM

I'm encouraged with my improvement so far. In my 2nd week of practice I've moved from shooting an
occasional Falcon score (6 meters...100 points or better), to shooting 7 Falcon scores in a series of 10 matches, with a high score at 113.

When I can manage to shoot 5 Falcon scores in a row, I'll start practicing at the Hawk distance.

I want to thank everyone who has answered my many questions...it has helped a lot. This is an active and generous group, and I'm happy to be part of it!

Kent...the Blowgun Warrior

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Mar 7 11 2:59 PM

i can mirror your findings about this group of people interested in the same thing. Very helpful, friendly not judgmental and wanting to improve. I've been seriously shooting for about 6 weeks now and it's the shared info and ideas combined with practice, practice practice that shows results. Like I've seen several people post "You can shoot a blowgun anywhere"., no excuses not to practice. Glad you are happy with the forum! 

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Mar 8 11 5:15 AM

That is one of the things that drew me to the sport...you can practice indoors and out. I also enjoy target sports that carry some "umph"...the speed and power of darts exiting a blowgun gives you that!

Kent...the Blowgun Warrior

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Mar 9 11 3:36 PM

When I want a blowgun rush, I do some target shooting with my .40 cal and target darts. Then I move to my .50 cal with target darts, then i move to the "Big Dog" my .62 cal with Mini broad head darts and "wow", same lung power but it's like a cannon against a pea shooter!  The only draw back to the .62 cal blowgun is I'm destroying dart cones everyday by my groups getting so much tighter from daily practice. I'm working on coming up with a good replacement cone since Cold Steel hasn't made them available yet. I think I have it nailed down with a wire nut size that works with a small corner break to the edge so it fits nicely into the .62 barrel. I'll report back when I have it worked out, which I hope will be in the next week.

Shoot on folks!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help