Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 27 03 8:12 AM

Tags : :

Welcome to Blowguns Northwest Players Group. Whether you are a manager, member, or visitor here, we hope you enjoy this MSN group.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 1 10 9:58 AM

Prehistoric time, when there was only one person on the Earth (Mr. Adam?)...

If you say that it isn't a signature, you are terribly wrong (There are 42 characters remaining. I'm thinking more...)

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 22 10 1:50 AM

The Blowgun Forum will be seven years old on February 27. In that time its members have exchanged over 12,000 messages and we still don't know all of the answers. It has been said that using a blowgun is easy to learn but takes a lifetime to master. Dr. Higuchi often reminds us of this:

10.The sport is old but new, there are lot of room to study. It encourages curiousity. The reserch and experiment revitalizes the head.

Q5.What is the charm of sport blowgun?
A: If you pull the triger of gun or air gun the bullet springs out easily and you can shoot the target. It's a very simple action. The blowgun has no triger, it is not so easy sport as you think... Simple in the structure and in the movement but it is deep and the sports is misterious and unknown, it is the charm of blowgun. You must train the Yoga respiration technique to blow the pipe and shoot the dart. The energy to push darts is from the chest muscles and abdominal muscle. You can progress in the distance and accuracy if you train and study the blowgun everyday. Probably you will be surprised at your progress and new discovery of the technique every day.

The reason we are still sending messages to each other is because we are still searching for answers to questions which do not have one best answer. Such as:

Q. What is the best blowgun?
A. That depends on the person who is using it and for what purpose.

Q. What is the best type of dart?
A. Tell me if you know because I'm still trying to figure it out. In general, target darts are lighter and hunting darts usually have a broad head point.

There is no single best answer to any question about blowguns, darts, or techniques. Many times members who are new to the forum ask questions that they think are easy to answer and do not realize how complicated the sport actually is. I am often tempted to tell them "first read 12,000 messages on this forum and then ask your question again."

If you are a new member, you must realize that the other members do not have all of the answers. We usually try to answer your questions but most of the time there is no single best answer. If you do not get an immediate answer to your question, you should not feel that you are being ignored. Perhaps the members who have read your question do not feel they are the most qualified to answer. Some are more interested in hunting and others in competitive target shooting. Also, we have heard these questions many times and it still isn't easy to answer them.

Quote    Reply   

fukiyaman

#5 [url]

Feb 22 10 11:06 PM

Blowgun is like osero game it needs only one minuite to learn but it takes life time to master it.
The word Mr. David Sastak said. I keep blowing more than 20 years.
This morning i marked 190 pts.(22.6.2) I tried 0.55 gr ultra light paper darts,40 cal(10mm)8.3 in(21cm) long.I used T grip made of documentpnch.
For long time I used 47 cal(12mm) but I found that 47 cal pipe works well using ultra light and soft darts.I have known 40 cal double barrel for more than 15 years. I don't know which bore is the best. Try many bores and you will find the the best pipe.I reccomend ultra light paper darts.

Hironori   

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 21 10 8:14 AM

hello all ive been using a blow gun since i was 12 (35now) ive use the store bougt ones and ive made quite a few as well right now im shooting a five foot copper waterline and handmade darts papercone wirecoathanger its been good to me pining sqerls to the tree and sinking 170 pagesin to the yellowpage i target shoot and fifty feet i also am a crack shoot with my .177  pellit gun but i find any and evey thing i can hit with my pellit gun i can do the same with the blowgun and its quieter and less visible as i live in the hood so the fact that i can sit in my car and tag rats in the mcdonalds parking lot and no body calls the poe poe's is great one of the neabors kids made a blow gun out of a metal bloom handle to target shoot with me ingenuity @ its finest and for me thats whats i like about blowguns there quiet unasuming and they can be made and you point and shoot useing your own air  the gun becomes and extention of you yea im in love with blow gunns and i dont see and front where blowguns cant play a part war survival pest controle i can even decorate with a blow gun..

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 27 10 12:22 PM

wow xliner your rig is to clean like too nice 4 me the im going for stealth u can call me the poor man macgiver every time ive been to the store to get one of those "cold Steel" babies i think to my self "the pipe cost me nothing and they want 45$ sorry i could use the 45$ on so many other things so i dont buy i make ive made bows atlatl's thowing stars shepards sling and pea shooter style sling shots im gona start fishing with my bg ill tell yall all about it

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

May 27 10 2:56 PM

wow xliner your rig is to clean like too nice 4 me the im going for stealth u can call me the poor man macgiver every time ive been to the store to get one of those "cold Steel" babies i think to my self "the pipe cost me nothing and they want 45$ sorry i could use the 45$ on so many other things so i dont buy i make ive made bows atlatl's thowing stars shepards sling and pea shooter style sling shots im gona start fishing with my bg ill tell yall all about it

-wise_son_x

Hehe thanks but I do have a P50.00 or about $1.10 four footer x  .55 caliber  bare aluminum bg doing a mainstay in my pick up. Both ends are plugged w/ rubber caps so it looks like a curtain rod actually. I always have 5 vinyl/nail darts to go w/ it and in fact I have killed more than 20 rats w/ that rig. Good morning.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 4 10 10:41 PM

Hi all,
I have always been interested in ancient cultures and simple weapons. Many years ago I had a 2' 40 cal that I played around with, and have often thought about picking up the blow gun again. Well, I made the leap, I recently ordered a Cold Steel 5' pro for hunting. Then, as I continued my research, I discovered that 4' was the maximum allowed for competition, so I have also ordered a 2 piece, 48" 40 cal incase I get a chance to participate in competitions. When it comes to hunting, I'm serious and only believe in killing what I can eat. When it comes to competition, I am a vet of 3 wars and have nothing to prove, so I will do those just for fun. I'm also a Ham Radio operator, my nick is my callsign.

Roy
KB3UZZ

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Oct 5 10 3:20 AM

Hi all,
I have always been interested in ancient cultures and simple weapons. Many years ago I had a 2' 40 cal that I played around with, and have often thought about picking up the blow gun again. Well, I made the leap, I recently ordered a Cold Steel 5' pro for hunting. Then, as I continued my research, I discovered that 4' was the maximum allowed for competition, so I have also ordered a 2 piece, 48" 40 cal incase I get a chance to participate in competitions. When it comes to hunting, I'm serious and only believe in killing what I can eat. When it comes to competition, I am a vet of 3 wars and have nothing to prove, so I will do those just for fun. I'm also a Ham Radio operator, my nick is my callsign.
Roy
KB3UZZ

-kb3uzz

You are like Pgandy who has a miltary background. KB you should have ordered a 1 piece. Also a .50 cal. is much better than a .40 and is the choice of top shooters. Bruce of Targetzone has a close tolerance .50 that is a major leap where improvement is concerned and it surprises me as to why there is still no serious review of this configuration. Welcome by the way and safe shooting.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Oct 5 10 5:25 PM

welcome to this wonderfull think tank  kb3uzz

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Oct 6 10 4:18 PM

Welcome my friend! Don't forget to read my signature. Be careful! This place is really serious, who know?!?

If you say that it isn't a signature, you are terribly wrong (There are 42 characters remaining. I'm thinking more...)

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Oct 6 10 8:13 PM

I just want to say thanks to k3buzz and pgandy, if it wernt for guys like you America wouldnt be the great place it is. 

Tyler age 16, Clarion Pa, 7' CS with realtree wrap w/ homemade bamboo quiver * the only time i take a second shot is if I want 2 holes * haha

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Oct 6 10 10:58 PM

You are like Pgandy who has a miltary background. KB you should have ordered a 1 piece. Also a .50 cal. is much better than a .40 and is the choice of top shooters. Bruce of Targetzone has a close tolerance .50 that is a major leap where improvement is concerned and it surprises me as to why there is still no serious review of this configuration. Welcome by the way and safe shooting.

-crossliner67

I understand that the bigger bores perform better, which is why I bought a .625 magnum for hunting. Clean kills are very important to me. The 50 cal is only marginally better because it provides a flatter trajectory, which any skilled marksman can compensate for. Wire ammo, which is prefered in competitions, wobbles as it goes down the tube. The bigger the tube, the more wobble. Wobble CANNOT be compensated for. As far as using a 2 piece over a 1 piece, I agree, except that a 2 piece is more readily transportable. This means I can carry it with me more often, allowing me more opprotunities to practice. Thank you for your suggestions.

Roy

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Oct 11 10 8:48 PM

Hello all!  I am buying my first blowgun Cold Steel 5ft .625 on 1Nov and can't wait to begin learning.  I am particularly curious by what Ron said about "..easy to learn but a lifetime to master..".  < That statement is really interesting to me because of the deceptive simpicity of blowgun construction (simply blowing a dart out of a piece of pipe) it makes me think there's some kind of universal truth in there somewhere.  Very Confucious like.

Anyway glad to be here!

The breath of death

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help